CALL TO ACTION: The petition to recall Governor Newsom was given approval by the Secretary of State, to begin circulating June 10, 2020 at 5:27 pm pst. We now have just 160 days to gather 2 million signatures and we need your help to do that. This is a monumental and historic challenge we have ahead of us and time is not on our side. We must ban together quickly and pool our resources in order to make this happen. We need your help and not one of us can afford to sit this one out.
Our team is working double time to bring you what we all want, the RECALL PETITION. The petition will be available very soon. We expected to have it available yesterday, but the Secretary of State had other plans. We share your frustration! They can not delay this any longer and we anticipate final approval in the very near future. PLEASE, enter your email with our website and you will be given an ALERT the minute it is approved, along with a printable PDF of the petition form itself.
Please share this information with all your contacts. Tweet it out, text it out, post it and email it.
The RecallGavin2020 team has been working behind the scenes to get this job done.
- All required paperwork has been submitted and accepted by the Secretary of State.
- Clock Starts once the initial paperwork is submitted. There are timeline requirements.
- A request was made to the Secretary of State to postpone the recall timeline due to Covid 19 shutdown.
- Request was denied by the Secretary of State.
- Our petition is now pending approval. It will be approved when our petition forms comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- The Secretary of State sent a list of revisions we had to make to bring petition into compliance.
- The petition corrections will be submitted for approval. Our team is confident all wrinkles will be ironed out and the forms will be accepted.
We anticipate circulating in early June. Get ready!
Crowd Source Fundraising is picking up. Major donors will commit resources when they see our campaign is off to a strong start. Meanwhile we have raised over $16,000 in grassroots donations. All donations are appreciated!
While the recall of Governor Newsom is monumental, it is NOT impossible. Please keep in mind, it took THREE attempts to recall Gray Davis!
While our first attempt at a recall did not succeed, our efforts were not in vain. Every one of you, who put their heart and soul into this day in and day out did an amazing job and should be commended. People joined forces up and down the state. They worked long hours in all kinds of weather together and formed friendships with one another. They chipped in their own money to pay for supplies and made personal sacrifices to do what they knew was the right thing and needed to be done.
Building on everything we’ve learned in this first attempt, a group of very skilled and talented people have come together to form an independent alliance in order to take the necessary steps to launch a successful campaign to recall Governor Newsom. We expect to begin circulating petitions this spring.
The previous reasons to recall and replace this governor have not gone away. New reasons emerge every day.
If one attempt falls short of the objective, it’s important to learn from that experience, develop new strategies and overcome those obstacles, so the next effort will succeed!
On February 13th new paperwork was submitted to the Secretary of State to try again to recall this governor. There will be a short review period between the time it was submitted and the day the petition is approved for circulation. This (right NOW) is our planning and preparation period. There are things YOU can do during this time to help.
1. Visit the web site (RecallGavin2020.com) and log in.
2. Identify permanent signing locations in your community and list their location details.
3. Donate! Donate NOW, because the sooner we can build our war chest, the earlier we will be able to begin advertising on billboards and radio. This is crucial. The mainstream media are NOT our friends. They will not cover our story, so we will have to inform people in other ways. While our management team can facilitate this effort, we need your help to finance it.
On February 14 (RecallGavin2020.com) went live and the second Recall Gavin 2020 movement was underway. Our success depends upon our resolve. If we “the people” want it to happen badly enough, if we are truly resolved, nothing can stop us. To do this, we need to pool our resources. We need to unify our forces and we need to do everything in our power to make this happen. As we have learned, time is not on our side. We need to work together and move swiftly, with decisive action.
Below is a short list of things we will be doing different this time, which will help our success.